Setting up small Business and Trading as Sole Trader

You must notify HMRC that you are self-employed and register online with HMRC for self-assessment, to ensures payment of income tax. When registering online, a Government Gateway user ID is created, essential for all HMRC dealings. A letter from HMRC will detail your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) – necessary to file tax returns and pay tax.

Read More